A Place Steeped in Local History
The Mill Inn + Eatery is over 138 years of Tillsonburg’s history restored from an old Pea & Barley Mill. Many renovations were done over the years, including just recently, to transform this historical landmark into the gorgeous restaurant & inn it is today.
The Mill was originally built in 1878 by the Tillson family. There were originally three mills – one here and two on the other side of Big Otter Creek, including a large, three-storey flour mill (4 times the size of this mill). There were two or three train lines that came down right in front of the mill to transport grain and finished flour.